€125K - €200K
Chief Technology Officer (M/F/X), Berlin, IT, €125K - €200K
We empower finance people. We believe in a high level of automation, joy of use, and customer-centricity in everything we do. We strive to provide a premium experience at all touchpoints. We're shaping the future of a hugely stagnated industry: accounting. Compared to traditional accounting software, we utilize AI to radically redefine the future of financial workflows. The market is changing rapidly, and we're doing everything we can to be at the very forefront of it!
We are looking for a new, future-oriented engineering leader who brings a combination of people leadership and strategic technical vision to help us achieve our goal of becoming the go-to financial operating system for businesses across Europe.
What You'll Do:
* Set the technological vision for product and company
* Ensure that our technological resources meet our short and long-term needs
* Stay informed of new trends and best practices in the tech landscape
* Work with the engineering team to identify, select, and implement cutting-edge solutions to meet current and future needs
* Develop standards and procedures to ensure consistent quality standards that allow teams to work quickly and autonomously
* Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics
* Act as a mentor to engineering team members
* Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
What You'll Bring:
* You have led a team of 30+ developers (ideally through a scale-up process, Series B funding round, or similar)
* You have in-depth knowledge of cloud architecture, DevOps, and software design best practices
* You have experience building scalable and resilient architecture on the AWS cloud
* You have experience with modern engineering practices such as Test-driven development (TDD), Domain-driven design (DDD), and refactoring
* You still code, and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty (hands-on)
* You are an outstanding communicator, with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* You possess excellent organizational and time-management skills
* You speak fluent English (German is a plus)
We value independence, creative thinking, and drive. (Agile product development, hack-a-feature days, and team BBQs are a given.) We work hard, challenge ourselves, and push the boundaries of our comfort zone -- but we also empower our team members to embrace a healthy work-life balance. We believe in stimulating work with significant career progression, constant learning opportunities, and flat hierarchies that enable input from all levels. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
Bonus --and-- Shares